The Old Farmer’s Almanac Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook is loaded with advice and inspiration to help plants–and growers–thrive.
Created for new gardeners, green thumbs, and old hands alike, this book is the perfect companion for every vegetable gardener–even those who have never touched a trowel and wouldn’t know mulch from mud! The practical advice demystifies gardening by providing the best, most proven methods for sowing, growing, and harvesting.
Highlights include …
- Step-by-step advice for success with more than 30 vegetables in any zone
- The dirt on soil: why testing is so important–and how to do it
- Easy techniques for growing in-ground, plus alternatives to traditional raised beds
- Seed-starting and -saving methods simplified
- Gardeners’ friends and foes: which plants help (or hinder) vegetables
- Enlightening (and humorous!) anecdotes from fellow gardeners
- Space for noting observations and experiences
- More than 150 full-color photos
- Essential reference tables and charts
- Much, much more!